Established 1st May 2000 by Richard Benwell, the practice originally dealt more with residential clients with an emphasis on project management. Over the last 10 years or so, asbestos work has come to be the predominant area of our business. Richard Benwell MRICS – undertakes asbestos work, which enables him to ensure the practice provides the highest standards of work whilst remaining cost effective at all times.
We have a reputation for our professional and polite service whilst always being prompt. This is why around three-quarters of our work comes from recommendation or is repeat business. RH Benwell & Associates is totally independent of other asbestos companies – meaning all advice we give is completely impartial and therefore in your best interests. Guidance notes from DoE and HSE show clearly that most asbestos containing materials in occupied buildings can be safely retained. This could generate a conflict of interest when asbestos removal companies are commissioned to undertake survey work.
Clients who have benefited from our professional service include:
- Numerous industrial, commercial, office & retail clients
- Camps & Decommissioned airfields
- Train & Rail operators
- Pension funds
- Educational institutions
- Charities – With the largest of these being The National Trust
- Political associations & Local authorities
- Care homes & housing associations
- Many householders, chiefly for the advising & sampling of materials that have been found by surveyors during a homebuyer report or building survey